Most stains can be wiped off with a paper towel or soft cloth.
For stubborn stains, use warm water and liquid detergent. Rub gently with a cloth or a soft bristle brush. Moisten a paper towel or soft cloth and wipe off. Air dry. Do not use chlorine bleach unless specifically listed as suitable for use on the fabric.
For all cleaning methods, test a sample area prior to full cleaning to insure against discoloration or permanent damage to the fabric. Remove stains promptly for best results.
Do not use chlorine bleach unless specifically listed as suitable for use on the fabric as it may react with the dyes in the fabric and cause bleeding of colors.
The following are the results observed when a fabric finished with GreenShield was cleaned with bleach:
- Stains Tested For: Mustard and Ketchup
- Fabric Tested: 100% Polyester
- Bleach Concentration: 3x dilution with water
- Process: The fabric was cleaned with bleach that was diluted three times with water, and excess bleach was rinsed off the fabric with warm water.
- Results: Bleach did clean the stain effectively. A subsequent repellency evaluation suggested that GreenShield finish was still effective after bleach cleaning, although the repellency performance may drop by up to two points, depending upon the concentration of the bleach.