Fiber / Yarn related acronyms / abbreviations
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
- Founded in 1921, the AATCC is the world's leading not-for-profit professional association for the textile design, materials, processing and testing industries. AATCC has thousands of individual and corporate members in more than 60 countries. The Association is internationally recognized for its standard methods of testing dyed and chemically treated fibers and fabrics to measure and evaluate such performance characteristics as colorfastness to light and washing, smoothness appearance, soil release, shrinkage, water resistance, and the many other conditions to which textiles may be subjected.
Association for Contract Textiles
- The Association for Contract Textiles is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1985. ACT is a professional trade group consisting primarily of companies that design, develop, produce and promote textiles for commercial interiors united for support, strength, credibility and common interests.
CATEGORY : Fiber, Green, Weave
SOURCE : ACT
North American Free Trade Agreement
- Implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) began on January 1, 1994. This agreement removes most barriers to trade and investment among the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Standard Industrial Classification
- Standard Industrial Classification codes indicate the company's type of business. These codes are also used in the Division of Corporation Finance as a basis for assigning review responsibility for the company's filings.
- A type of polyurethane with notable strength and elasticity that is also less flammable compared to other polyurethane fabrics.
CATEGORY : Fiber, Green
SOURCE : Brentano, Inc.