Textile Acronyms begin with 'A'
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
- Founded in 1921, the AATCC is the world's leading not-for-profit professional association for the textile design, materials, processing and testing industries. AATCC has thousands of individual and corporate members in more than 60 countries. The Association is internationally recognized for its standard methods of testing dyed and chemically treated fibers and fabrics to measure and evaluate such performance characteristics as colorfastness to light and washing, smoothness appearance, soil release, shrinkage, water resistance, and the many other conditions to which textiles may be subjected.
Association for Contract Textiles
- The Association for Contract Textiles is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1985. ACT is a professional trade group consisting primarily of companies that design, develop, produce and promote textiles for commercial interiors united for support, strength, credibility and common interests.
CATEGORY : Fiber, Green, Weave
SOURCE : ACT
American National Standards Institute
- ANSI facilitates the development of American National Standards (ANS) by accrediting the procedures of standards developing organizations (SDOs). These groups work cooperatively to develop voluntary national consensus standards like NSF/ANSI 336, the Sustainability Assessment for Commercial Furnishings Fabric.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- A nonprofit organization that provides a voluntary consensus system for developing standards through committees composed of producers, engineers, academics, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders.
American Textile Manufacturers Institute
- The U.S. textile industry's trade association for the domestic textile industry; activities encompass government relations, international trade, product and administrative services, communications and economic information.